Friday, September 19, 2008

Reader Contest!!!!!

Okay, the moment at least a few of you have been waiting for a long time is quickly approaching. Yes, that's right folks, next Weds. we are going to get the 20 week ultrasound and hopefully find out .....

The Twinkies Gender!!!!!!

(Personal note, I hate to call it the twinkies "sex." Maybe its just me, but I don't like to think about babies and sex in the same sentence. I prefer the lawyerly term "gender," but I am apparently the only one that feels this way because everybody else refers to it as the babies "sex.")

Anyway, here is where you, the avid reader come in. We want everybody to chime in with their guess as to whether the Twinkies are boys or girls (and for those of you that missed it, they are identical, so there's none of that one boy, one girl thing going on). The winner will have the great honor of having one of the Twinkies named for them.* The results (of the ultrasound) will be announced here on Wednesday night. If nobody guesses, we aren't telling. Think of it as us holding the Twinkies hostage.

By the way, Lisa's 4 year old son Owen has already predicted we are having boys, and he is apparently 4 for 4 in predicting baby gender to date.

Give us your guess in comments (this is really just a sneaky way for us to find out if anybody is reading this stuff).

* If there are any ties (say two people pick girls and it turns out they are girls), then we reserve the right to change the prize.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, for the sake of the tons of girls clothes I have waiting in large plastic tubs for you...they had better be girl twinkies. However, I am getting more of a boy vibe. So put me down for...ummm...I'll have to get back to you.

Anonymous said...

Girls, for sure.... it just feels like that's what they'll be. Also, as an identical twin myself, doesn't that make me even "more" qualified to guess??!! I can't wait to find out!!! Love, Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Ambika

---boys!!---


Matt

---girls!!!!!!---

Anonymous said...

You better hope for boys. Way easier than girls. Plus, it will make high school way less stressful on Doug. McCormick.

Anonymous said...

Hm... I'm guessing BOYS!

Anonymous said...

I cannot decide, but I'm voting for girls.
Mom G

Anonymous said...

I think they will be boys. I don't have anything to base this on.
Dad G

Anonymous said...

Are the parents going to vote? Would love to hear your thoughts on the sex, before you find out.
Love
Mom G

Scott said...

Ah - I've got no vibes!! so - I'll just say I'm w/ Molly and hope that we can get rid of all our little girl clothers. And it would be cool for Audrey to have some girl cousins...So I'll vote for girls!

Anonymous said...

Totally boys, 2 identical boys. Morey and Bill (you can call 'em MoisheWilly if you want)

~ Allison

Sandy and Doug said...

I don't think it would be proper for us to venture a guess, or even worse, a preference. If we end up being wrong, it might be used against us later on.

Eric Meyer said...

Totally girls! Based on the time of year of conception and the projected time of year for delivery - what else could it be!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Neal says boys, I am spose to say girls, however, EVERYONE I know is having boys, so I really think boys, and Nathan says one of each. We have to cover all our bases. Could it be anything else but fun and love and happiness? You will be thrilled with whatever they are! Congratulations.