Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finally Really Pregnant

Sandy here:

There's been something missing from my pregnancy (well, morning sickness, but I'm supergrateful the barf fairy passed me over) given that I am a modern 21st century woman. Starting Wednesday I will no longer be "fake-y" pregnant--I'm going to start prenatal yoga! While I love living in Durango, sometimes it does have its drawbacks. One of those is the difficulty of finding a prenatal yoga class in the evenings or on the weekend--well, honestly, finding a class period. If you went by the number of prenatal yoga classes offered here in Durango, you would swear that no one is having babies in this town. However, off the top of my head, I can think of at least 5 people who are having babies right around when I'm due (we toured the Birthing Center at the hospital recently and there are only 10 rooms--I may have to sweep the legs of some pregnant woman to ensure I get a room!) and that doesn't include other women I know who are due before/after me or those I see walking around on the street or in the store.

Maybe they are all too busy hiking and biking and running and rock climbing...

No comments: