Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We Are All Made of Stars

Sandy here:

Last night I was in the shower (I LOVE night showers) when I suddenly noticed that when I closed my eyes I started seeing these bright yellow jagged things off to the side of my vision (they were moving a bit). They looked something like these:

http://www.perret-optic.ch/optometrie/symptomes_diagnostiques/symptomes/symptomes_image/opto_migraine_ophtalmic.gif

Minus the whole clock thing. When I opened my eyes they were still there, just not as bright. It was very bizarre and I imagined that it must be similar to what could happen to people who trip on acid. It only lasted for about 15 minutes, but then my vision was somewhat blurry--almost like I needed glasses. I was pretty calm throughout the whole thing, although Doug was much more worried. Long story short: It went away, I talked to the doctor's office this morning who said I probably had an ocular (or opthalmic) migraine. They said it's really nothing to worry about unless it happens again. I suppose in retrospect it was kind of fun to have a "freebie."

No comments: