Monday, May 18, 2009

Recognition

Doug here,

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything, I haven't felt like I had much to say. I know most people that know me probably have a hard time believing that, but it's true. This baby stuff all seems so cliche when you talk about it, but most of it is true. The short of it is, the first 8 weeks were hard. Really hard. And I didn't find it all that rewarding. Or that fun. And I don't know how much the twin thing magnified all of this, but I'm pretty sure it was considerable. Our pediatrician (a mother of twins herself) has a great saying: one child is a hobby, two kids are a job (I don't even want to think about three).

Anyway, things got a lot better around week 8. The girls started sleeping better for one thing, and as everybody knows, that helps a lot. But more importantly, they started to get really cute and, even more, they started reacting to the world around them and began to recognize us. Then they started smiling. Then about two weeks ago, we got our first laughs. Well they've got me now. There are still moments, of course, but now I see the attraction.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi. Here's my new favorite photo:

No comments: